Monday, September 5, 2011

Greetings! September has arrived again!


Greetings!

            Here we are in August again, thinking about the start of school in a few weeks.  This year, however, it is a brand new world I will enter in September.  No, I am not retiring, but I am planning to.  In June 2012.  After teaching my last year in public school….  In KINDERGARTEN!

            Imagine my surprise when my principal decided, in June, that I would be teaching Kindergarten this fall.  I am still surprised, not to say shocked!  It does have its points, however:

  • I will get to Do Words with Ks for the second time in my life (not counting all the demos in classrooms all over the place, of course)
  • It will be fun to watch all the older kids’ faces when they see me in K
  • The whole thing will be experimental, because it will be just for one year and I will get to try Lots Of Things I’ve never done
  • And I will definitely be taller than everyone.  (This past year Caleb, age 6 1/2, came up to my eyebrows!  Bovine Growth Hormone has a lot to answer for.)

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment